Up First In The Four States for Tuesday 11/02/2021

Good Tuesday Morning, thanks for joining me for Up First in the Four States, from KRPS. I’m Fred Fletcher-Fierro. Let’s first take a look at local weather,

Another day and night of mainly cloudy skies throughout the Four States, with a 30 percent chance of rain today, that chance growing to 70 percent tonight. Highs today in the upper ‘40s, lows tonight in the upper ‘30s. Overcast tomorrow, chance of showers drops to 20 percent, mostly sunny on Thursday and Friday. Highs tomorrow again in the upper ‘40s. Highs warming into the mid ‘50s by the end of the week.

Kansas Representative Aaron Coleman pleaded not guilty to a domestic violence misdemeanor charge this Monday afternoon.

The Polk County, Missouri Sheriff’s Department is looking for a missing teenage girl.

Open enrollment opened Monday, for those who purchase health insurance on the Federal Marketplace.

A new report from an environmental advocacy group says the electric utility Evergy is moving too slowly to close coal-fired power plants.

With daytime highs in the ‘40s and ‘50 this week, and lows in the ‘30s if you haven’t already turned on your heater or furnace you soon will. And with it, a possible phone call to a heating contractor or repairman.

COVID-19 numbers in Greene County remain steady.

State employees and other people who have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas health plans in Lawrence can stop stressing over whether the hospital will be out of network.

St. Louis health officials are making plans to begin vaccinating children ages five to eleven against the coronavirus … as soon as federal officials give their final approval — which could be as early as this week.

Now a quick look at local sports,

Pittsburg State men’s basketball in preseason action this Thursday, up at K-State taking on the Wild Cats. Game time at 7 pm. The Lady Gorillas will play the following day in Manhattan, game time Friday for women at 6:30.

Missouri Southern men’s basketball in preseason action, dropping their first game of the season to Wichita State, 90 to 58. The Lady Lions will be in Wichita to take on the Shockers this Thursday. Game time for the women at 6 pm.

Now for our feature of the day,

It’s Morning Edition on KRPS, I’m Fred Fletcher-Fierro. Austin, Texas based singer songwriter. Sam Baker is performing at the Bill and Dottie Theater inside of the Bicknell Family Center for the Arts Friday, November 12th. Joining me this morning is Rob Poole and Carol Puckett, of Olive Street House Concerts.

If you want to talk to me directly I’m on Twitter @morningsonkrps.

Thanks for joining me for the up first in the Four States podcast. I’ll talk to you next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s