Happy Thursday,  and thanks for joining me for The Rundown, news headlines from K R P S 

Rain showers and thunderstorms likely before 10 this morning, across Southeast Kansas, a 70 percent chance, a high of 90. Cloudy conditions are expected tonight, the chance of storms diminishing down to 30 percent, a low of 72. 

The first public poll since last week’s primary shows the general election race for Kansas’ open U.S. Senate seat is a statistical dead heat between Republican Roger Marshall and Democrat Barbara Bollier. 

Kansas has seen 817 new coronavirus cases and eight deaths from COVID-19 since Monday. State health officials said at a news conference Wednesday that they’ve identified 11 new clusters of the virus in Kansas. 

On Tuesday the Missouri House announced they are breaking up Governor Mike Parson’s tough-on-crime package of legislation. 

The Big 12 released a statement Wednesday, saying it intends to have men’s and women’s fall sports, including college football. It came as two other major conferences – the Big Ten and PAC-12 — have decided to do the opposite.

There were 95 new cases of COVID-19 reported to the Springfield-Greene County Health Department in Springfield, MO Wednesday.  According to the health department, that’s a new one-day record.   

Presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Joe Biden announced his V P choice on Tuesday, and it has ignited enthusiasm amongst Democrats Southwest Missouri. 

That’s it for The Rundown, news headlines from K R P S, be sure to subscribe to The Rundown in the Apple iTunes Store or Google podcasts. Talk to you tomorrow 

 

Published by KRPS News

89.9 KRPS Morning Edition Host and Producer Fred Fletcher-Fierro

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: